Headache developing within 24 hours after regular consumption of caffeine in excess of 200 mg/day for more than 2 weeks, which has been interrupted. It resolves spontaneously within 7 days in the absence of further consumption.
- Headache fulfilling criterion C
- Caffeine consumption of >200 mg/day for >2 weeks, which has been interrupted or delayed
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by both of the following:
- headache has developed within 24 hours after last caffeine intake
- either or both of the following:
- a) headache is relieved within 1 hour by intake of caffeine 100 mg
- b) headache has resolved within 7 days after total caffeine withdrawal
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.