- A single headache episode fulfilling criteria B and C
- Brought on by and occurring only during or immediately after a cold stimulus applied externally to the head or ingested or inhaled
- Resolving within 10 minutes after removal of the cold stimulus
- Not fulfilling ICHD-3 criteria for any other headache disorder
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.
Codable subforms are 220.127.116.11 Headache probably attributed to external application of a cold stimulus and 18.104.22.168 Headache probably attributed to ingestion or inhalation of a cold stimulus.