Headache resulting from sustained compression of pericranial soft tissues, for example by a tight band around the head, hat or helmet, or goggles worn during swimming or diving, without damage to the scalp.
- At least two episodes of headache fulfilling criteria B-D
- Brought on by and occurring within 1 hour during sustained external compression of the forehead or scalp
- Maximal at the site of external compression
- Resolving within 1 hour after external compression is relieved
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.